Monday 22 April 2013

The Power of Veto!

Hey, is that allowed?

This is a first for us...using the power of veto on a date idea.  I'm not sure that this should be allowed...hmmm.

Planning for May, for some reason, has been a struggle.  Maybe it's because it's Spring, maybe it's because I have so many ideas bumbling around in my head and the Pandora's box has been opened.

So, here was my idea...singing!  Yup.  But not just singing, getting a little lesson on a song we both loved and then going to Blue Frog Studios to tape our foray into the vocal art world and have something to keep for prosterity. 

My husband is terrified.  So much so, he evoked the power of veto.  Huh.  Although this would be a fun idea for some people our date nights are not meant to scare, intimidate or cause us to curl up like an possum and play dead. 

I learnt something about PJ today. He has a great singing voice but he doesn't wish to share it.  I get that.  I respect that and him for saying something.  And, in honesty, I feel like we had an extra date night because of our discussion and getting to know something about each other we didn't know before. 

I'm proud of PJ.  For being open and honest, for saying how he felt in a way that honoured me but looked after him. 

Am I disappointed?  Nope, because there's more ideas rolling around to choose from. And this idea, well, here's a hint...

No comments:

Post a Comment